2016/2017 Orchestra Member Auditions
We hope you will audition for the Orchestra.
Auditions can be scheduled upon request. We are looking for all sections, including strings, winds, brass and percussion. Send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact Ann Millen, recruitment facilitator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (705)927-0768 to help guide you through the audition process.
To learn more about auditions, please check the KYO Audition FAQ
Technical requirements of an audition:
- two solo pieces of your choice, one slow and melodic and one at a quicker tempo. An accompanist is not required.
- a 3 octave scale of your choice for string players, a 2 octave scale for winds and brass.
- You must bring a copy of your music even if you have the work memorized.
- percussionists – please contact us for requirements (includes patterns, variety of instruments to audition on)
The auditioning committee will be listening for:
- accurate pitch, rhythm and tempo
- secure intonation
- good tone quality
- a wide range of dynamics